Sep 30, 2016
Kenya Tea Packers (KETEPA) Ltd is a leading tea blending, packaging and marketing company with a countrywide distribution network known for household quality tea brands – Fahari ya Kenya, Safari Pure, Ketepa Pride Teabags, Ketepa Pride Flavored tea bags and Maisha Purified drinking water.
The company has over 30 year’s presence in the Kenyan and international markets.
In order to support their growth initiatives, talent development and enhancement of shareholder value, we seek to recruit a talented, innovative and result-oriented Head of Sales and Marketing to be part of their Management team:-
Role Profile: Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and ensuring implementation of sales and marketing strategies to assist in the achievement of company’s overall strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to achieve market share growth, volume, profitability, revenue, brand and channel objectives across all markets;
- Develop and manage a competent sales and marketing team through recruitment, training, development and coaching to achieve superior representation against competition;
- Formulate, monitor and oversee all sales & marketing operations and their budgets; and to ensure they are utilized in the most efficient and effective manner;
- Prepare management reports on performance and accounts with regard to sales and marketing;
- Monitor and report on local, regional and international market share;
- Conduct regular competitor analysis to ensure maintenance of competitive advantage;
- Oversee, manage and co-ordinate the company’s participation in marketing forums, trade associations, exhibitions and shows;
- Develop and implement corporate P.R. and brand activities in liaison with P.R. agency(ies).
- Manage all outsourced agencies to ensure that goods and services (creative, PR, media, merchandising, promotion, digital, etc) are competitive, they meet the given specifications, and are delivered in a timely manner;
- Allocate, monitor and control budgets for all marketing areas with support of brand managers and input from advertising/branding agency(ies);
- Ensure brand profitability through correct pricing policies and product costing in liaison with the Finance function;
- In liaison with the advertising/brand agency(ies) and respective brand managers, identify consumer research requirements, and ensure thorough data analysis to achieve clear understanding of the market environment;
- Promote effective cross-functional communication of company operations to ensure the marketing/brand strategy is executed timely throughout the supply chain;
- Ensure high brand visibility in the market;
- Actively monitor and manage product consumer/customer complaints and oversee consumer relations management protocol (handling and feedback);
- Driving the process of marketing evaluation and innovation in order to achieve the maximum competitiveness in packaging, product, communications, prices and brand positioning.
- Ensuring that product quality meets expectations of tea consumers and is consistent over time through bench marking of competitor products.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field;
- Masters degree will be an added advantage;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (CIM);
- Member of Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK);
- At least eight (8) years' experience in FMCG preferably in the food category or a company dealing with multi products; three (3) of which should have been at a senior management position;
- Demonstrate experience in a marketing management role through product development, consumer insights, communication and marketing agencies management;
- Leadership and analytical skills.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, you are invited to visit our Recruitment Portal HERE. Submit your application including a detailed CV, current remuneration, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Friday, 14th October, 2016 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.