Sep 6, 2016
University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Laboratory Specialist – Kisii & Nairobi
The Laboratory Specialist will provide support to Senior Technical Advisors in ensuring appropriate transfer of the global organizational and project laboratory strategy and provide technical assistance and capacity building to health care facility laboratory scientists and technicians.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct laboratory assessments in regard to capacity, quality control, quality assurance, and laboratory needs;
- Carry out laboratory capacity building, assist in managing in-country laboratory logistics and provide technical assistance;
- Support health care facilities to forecast their reagent needs;
- Ensure timely distribution of reagents to the health care facilities from the National laboratory supply chain mechanism;
- Provide liaison for viral load sampling and selective viral load testing;
- Laboratory troubleshooting with regards to equipment and interpretation of results.
- Facilitate educational programs to internal and external providers.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher diploma training in laboratory related field
- Registration with the laboratory board.
- Over five (5) years’ experience in supporting strengthening of laboratory systems and practices at County and Health Facilities.
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.