Sep 18, 2016
Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital is the second national teaching and referral hospital serving the western Kenya and neighboring countries. It is the first public Hospital to be ISO 9001:2008.
We are seeking to engage a dynamic and results driven professional to fill each of the following position:
Legal Manager / Corporation Secretary (M5)
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for planning, organizing, co-ordinating and administration of all Legal Affairs of the Hospital and also serve as the Corporation Secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating policy and giving guidance on corporate legal matters,
- Ensuring compliance with regional and international instruments,
- Coordinating stakeholders consultations,
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good corporate governance,
- Providing leadership and ensure efficient and effective resources in the department,
- Reviewing and providing advise on legal risks,
- Providing legal advice on tender documents,
- Reviewing ongoing cases and advise Management accordingly,
- Providing and interpreting legal information,
- Conducting training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff,
- Participating in policy development and Implementation for the Hospital.
- Reviewing and advise Management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures and doubles up as a Company Secretary.
- Reviewing and draft contracts agreements, internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all Statutory and Regulatory requirements.
- Managing litigation and review progress of outstanding litigations, liaising and managing external lawyers for the Hospital,
- Providing counsel on strategic deals to the Hospital,
- Managing and administering the corporate legal documentation and procedures,xvii. Coordinating external legal mandates to investigate and resolve potential legal issues with regard to financial instruments issued by donors,
- Developing the Hospital’s copyright and related policies,
- Drafting agreements relating to the Hospital’s licensing ,retailer and distribution relationships,
- Ensuring compliance with current legislation, rules and regulations that affect the Hospital’s operations,
- Developing and ensuring compliance with the Hospital’s collaboration and partnership policy framework and strategy,
- Participating in the formulation of the Board’s annual plans, programs, projects and budgets.
- Performance management
- Managing quality standards and procedures
Strategic Key Roles
- Provide guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities on matters of corporate governance.
- Assist the Board in carrying out induction, Board evaluation and Governance Audit.
- Ensure timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee papers.
- Be the custodian of the Hospital Seal.
- Ensure annual returns are promptly filed with relevant authorities.
For appointment to this post, an officer must have:
- Masters degree in law or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from recognized institution,
- Bachelors of Law (LLB) degree from a recognized institution,
- Post graduate diploma in legal from Kenya School of Law,
- Served in the grade of Senior Principal Legal Officer or its equivalent for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Membership to the Law society of Kenya (LSK) and the institute of certified public secretaries of Kenya (CPS-K).
- Must have been admitted to the bar as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and Commissioner of Oaths,
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution,
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution,
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- In addition to the above requirements, the officer to attach the current:-
- KRA Certificate
- HELB Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- CRB – Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
- EACC Clearance
Salary Attached to the Scale
- Scale M5: Kshs. 97,250 x 4,843 – 102,113 x 5,106 – 107,219 x 5,361 – 112,580 x 5,628 – 118,208 x 5,911 – 124,119 x 6,206 – 130,325p.m
Apart from the salary, there are other attractive allowances; and also a generous contributory pension scheme for jobs in scale M6 and M5.
Jobs in scales M4 and M3 are on three (3) years contract, renewable once for a further three (3) years subject to satisfactory work performance and retirement age.
Service gratuity calculated at the rate of 31% is payable at the end of each contract term.
How to Apply
If you are innovative, self-driven and results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter (six copies), detailed C.V, together with copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) referees whereby two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
P O Box 3-30100
So as to reach him not later than 12th October 2016 by 5:00pm.
Any lobbying/or canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.