Sep 9, 2016
Title: Logistics and Warehouse Manager
Salary: 100K – 150K
Our client is a company that develops, assembles and services high quality motorcycles.
They seek to hire a Logistics and Warehouse Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of Warehouse Management, Inbound Logistics and Distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and directing all warehouse and transportation activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a new and modern approach for verifying and keeping records of incoming and outgoing shipments for both production and after sales inventory
- Develop processes and procedures that ensures all logistics operations are operating in a lean and efficient manner
- Responsible for preparing items for shipment
- Handle the technical and financial details relating to inbound freight clearance and consignment receptions, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation
- Be the key contact person with all the freight and courier companies to ensure a smooth logistics process for both domestic and international operations
- Build relationships with logistics service providers and work closely with the key stakeholders to ensure the protection of freight in transportation
- Oversee inbound shipments and distribution activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipment
- Develop methods and procedures for movement of raw materials to processing and production areas and transportation of products from departments to customers, warehouses, or other storage facilities
- Analyze the critical components in warehouse for the purpose of Material Requirements Planning
- Establish physical operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Manage inventory by establishing processes
- Controls inventory levels by supervising physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Comply with the local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Manage and supervise warehouse staff
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in warehousing and logistics
- Expert knowledge of national and international import/export legislation
- Experience in automotive industry desired
- High level ability to use ERP and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well with international teams
- Must be proficient in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive a forklift is a plus
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Logistics and Warehouse Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 16th September, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.