Sep 21, 2016
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Nature of Job: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques
- Planning and designing new production processes
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
- Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
Key Requirements and Skills
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in operating CNC Machinery
- Technical and scientific knowledge
- Creative ability
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Critical thinking
If qualified send CV stating your experience, skills and qualifications to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.