Sep 30, 2016
Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (MRM) is the largest company within the Safal Group, and was its founding operation, commencing in 1962 at Mariakani, near Mombasa.
MRM was the first company in Africa to produce coated steel using a patented Aluminum-Zinc alloy recognised as the leading technology worldwide to deliver superior service life to steel.
This technology is licensed to the Safal Group by BIEC International.
An opportunity exists at MRM Mariakani - Mombasa for Learning, Training & Development Manager
MRM is looking for a Learning, Training & Development Manager who is dynamic, self-driven, high level of professional maturity, good analytical skills and report writing, good leadership skills and has the ability to get results by working with other senior, middle level managers and shop floor employees.
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager
Main purpose of the position:
- Learning, Training and Development - Work with line managers to identify Learning needs of their teams. Design both in-house and with expert third parties, a solution which includes a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom learning and action learning.
- Manage Graduate Training Program with tertiary institutions - Liaise with collaborating institutions and establish a platform of recruiting and developing young talent as part of our talent development and succession planning
- Performance Management and Measurement - Identify business and individualized learner needs. Establish measures to assess and report individual performance and design a performance improvement plan for the unsatisfactory performers.
- Budgetary responsibility - Prepare and manage the training budget in consultation with the Head of Department.
- HR Operations - to work with the HR team on routine office operational issues of recruitment and employee relations
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Degree in business related field, Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management,
- Post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- Over seven years working experience in large organizations in Human Resource Management - Learning Training and Development
The Group subscribes to market-rate remuneration.
The Remuneration for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s level of experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants should submit a comprehensive CV, together with a covering letter supporting the application, to Hr.mrmcoils@Safalgroup.com to reach us latest by 13h October, 2016.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.