Sep 25, 2016
Position: Programme Officer
Reference No: TRH6209/16
Job Description: Our client is seeking to recruit a Programme Officer for its programme portfolio that develops and oversees their Projects and Programmes.
He/she will also participate in the formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities relating to women’s health and development and track changes.
The Programme Officer will support the technical oversight of programme/project management and implement related activities within the Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
Building relationships with strategic partners for policy and programme
- Identify and build relationships with development agencies, policy, advocacy and research organisations that are critical and delivering its objectives and programme
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organisations sharing and remain up-to-date on partnership related issues;
- Represent at relevant networks, workshops, seminars and policy events
- Develop ideas and projects for formal collaboration with targeted development agencies, policy, advocacy/implementing and research organisations
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders;
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors.
- Securing project funding from institutional funders
- Identify and track emerging opportunities through the institutional funding strategy and action plan
- Contribute to design and development of project proposals
- Develop technical and financial proposals to secure funding
- Manage associate consultant contributions to proposal development
Programme management and reporting
- Support the development of National and County Governments programming, including servicing and supporting contracts
- Manage and coordinate scheduled reporting to meet institutional donor reporting requirements
- Work with Finance staff to ensure financial information is up to date, variances are identified and sound financial accountability is maintained
Learning, sustainability and impact
- Coordinate lesson learning from monitoring and evaluation of the programme portfolio and support sharing of best practice and policy insights
- Develop and manage specifically commissioned and funded monitoring and evaluation initiatives both qualitative and quantitative
Supporting information and communications needs
- Work closely with others to support fundraising and communication and share information about programme portfolio, pipeline, specific projects and programme impact
- Support sharing of information between Secretariat and Members, beneficiaries and partners
Programme policy development
- Contribute to strategic planning within the staff and members, including annual and medium term planning and monitoring
- Liaise with Project Committee and the Board, ensuring that members’ expertise is best used to inform the development of research, policy and programme
- Contribute to relevant policy debates and discussions ensuring increasing policy influence
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in related programme/project coordination at the national or international level;
- At least 3 years of experience in working and implementing donor supported projects
- Hands-on experience in report writing and project planning and development;
- Developing budgets and grant monitoring systems
- Experience of working in health sector especially women’s health in Kenya
- Institutional fundraising – minimum three years
- Facilitation of organizational learning
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Working experience to include least 3 years in project management position
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with members and Stakeholder relationship management and partnership building.
Knowledge / Skills
- At least 5 years’ experience and knowledge in proposal writing, donor funded project implementation.
- Demonstrated analytical, writing and organizational skills; Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives; and long hours
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize programme ideas and develop innovative strategies;
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new areas and willingness to contribute to a dynamic team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good IT skills and proposal writing
- Maintain social media platform including sharing of relevant information with stakeholders including but not limited to use newsletters, website, twitter etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to international development, gender and global health
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letter to email@example.com
Kindly remember to include the reference number in your application
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the current and expected remuneration in your application