Sep 17, 2016
Sasa Africa Is Hiring
Supply Chain Operations, Director
Reporting: Managing Director, Senior Level Management, Board
Direct Reports: Quality Assurance Manager, Inventory Manager and Logistics Manager
Management Scope: Kenya Operation (Supply Chain - Production, WIP and Fulfilment)
Contract Level: Standard, Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Soko: Soko aspires to transform the status quo of how trade is conducted with emerging markets, to create a more ethical supply chain.
Soko is a catalyst for Global Supply Chain innovation, leveraging our proprietary ERP and mobile enterprise solutions in a distributed network of SME producers for a more ethical and agile production model.
We employ over 1200 artisans around Nairobi in a ‘Virtual Factory’ model that utilizes technology to enhance human productivity for greater reward.
Our commitment to ethical production has led to growing demand for our products from companies such as Nordstrom and Anthropologie, hundreds of boutiques, and thousands of online consumers.
More information about Soko can be found on our website www.shopsoko.com.
Role: This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials sourcing and supply.
This Role will work closely with the Finance Manager and Global Sales Team.
This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and to clarify management objectives aligned to building an innovative supply chain model for the emerging economies
- Develop and / or participate in the development of the supply chain operational strategy for the organization for the best in world agile production practices
- Oversee organization wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting, and evaluation of services
- Develop analytics, systems and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports
- Manage / coordinate the sales and operations planning process for supply / demand forecasting, inventory management, and on time delivery
- Develop annual plans with prioritization and resourcing
- Implement and adhere to transaction management best practices
- Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues
- Lead and manage production planning, customer service, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation and other areas are required
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the personnel, operations and budget of an organization’s supply chain or a supply chain services company.
- Direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of supply chain staff
- Direct, coordinate, assign, monitor and review the work of individuals engaged in supply chain related duties
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance Identify and manage risk within the supply chain
Sales & Marketing
- Understand customers’ needs, service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer’s key personnel involved in or directly relevant to supply chain activities
- Monitor and analyze current trends in the marketplace
- Manage vendor relationships (e.g., third party logistics)
- Manage and / or execute procurement related functions (e.g., develop and implement contract management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft and manage contracts, etc.)
- Stay informed of advances in supply chain technology and approaches, and apply within the organization to improve Soko’s unique supply chain processes
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations in order to grow the business
- Serve as a Supply Chain expert for Soko’s proprietary ERP & MRP technology
Experience and Qualifications
- BS Degree with Masters or MBA preferred. Advanced certifications are a plus
- 4-6 years’ progressive experience Supply Chain Management (Management role).
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of world class success.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required.
- Possible Start -Up experience
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- Good Team player
- Passionate about supply chain innovations
- Sourcing from emerging markets
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Wanting to be a part of something new
How to Apply:
If interested in this amazing opportunity, passionate to innovate and grow within emerging markets while having fun, send your CV to email@example.com , Kaye@shopsoko.com, with the subject title “SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS DIRECTOR POST” CV on or before 30th September 2016.
Any application sent after deadline will not be accepted
*Soko is an equal opportunity, anti-corruption, and affirmative action employer.