Sep 18, 2016
Job Title: Zone Manager
Is This You?
- Is your smile and humor contagious?
- Do you love events and outdoor activities?
- Do you love talking and sharing experiences?
- Are you able to convince someone to do something they wouldn’t want to do?
- Do you consider less is more only when more is too much?
- Is your eye for details comparable with an eagle’s?
- Does your appearance and grooming matter to you?
- Does losing bother you?
- Do you dream big?
If your answer to 80% of the questions above is yes, we are looking for you.
At Securex we are big on attitude.
We are looking for an aggressive individual who will take the overall command and control of the organisations’ sub-unit (zone of operation), ensuring all assignments are manned as per the laid down policies and procedures.
The Roles & Responsibilities
- To oversee the day to day security operations of deployment, supervision and allocation of duties as required at the client sites.
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to- day team effort of Supervisors, Field Officers and other assigned personnel to ensure that services are delivered in a quality and cost effective manner within the assigned zone.
- Ensure proper channels of communication exist and are enforced between the employees and the headquarters.
- To perform spot checks on Filed Officers and other operatives in their respective areas.
- Oversee compliance of Guards with established company policies and Standards such as Health and Safety, security measures being in place and training of guards. Responsible for ensuring all employees portray a corporate brand image through inspections of guarding uniforms, company vehicles and motor bikes and equipment. Ensure all assignment instructions and incident reports are attached into the company systems.
- To oversee (if required take part in) the investigation of incidents and prepare Incident reports within 24 hours.
- Ensure client’s requirements, requests, complaints and suggestions are updated on to the Evolution system.
- Ensure all issues and complaints brought in are addressed within 24 hours and recorded in the Supervisory Occurrence Book and updated on Evolution with corrective actions implemented.
- Will ensure the zone manning schedules and plans of how the operational commitments including leave and the reliever line will be fulfilled.
- Receive and review Tasking’s given by the Manned Guarding Manager. Once reviewed a scheme of work needs to be produced, giving timelines and budgetary constraints as a minimum.
- Is to oversee that the correct level and standard of equipment, uniform and PPE is issued and used by Securex Operational personnel.
- Is to oversee the handover of recruits from Compliance Officer to his or her respective zone.
- Will proof read all operational documentation prior to it being passed up the chain i.e. Incident Reports, SVAs etc.
- Guide and advice employees directly below his/her command.
- In an emergency (i.e. the Manager Manned Guarding is taken ill etc) the Zone
- Manager should have the ability to step up to cover the Manager Manned Guarding position for a short period whilst long term remedial action is implemented. Ensure implementation of monthly zonal spot check schedules and Timam parade schedules.
- Conduct and attend monthly Timam parades for every area as per documented agenda.
- Work with assigned personnel to ensure that all contractually scheduled hours are met with a minimum use of unbilled overtime.
- Prepare all required reports as per the documented processes, recommendations and develop strategies to improve quantity and quality of service delivered.
- Adherence to systems, processes and policies of Securex.
- Will carry out random spot checks of company databases and analysis systems to ensure productively is on the rise and wastage is being reduced such as the amount of claims for example.
- Drive profitable volume growth through cross sell and upsell by maximizing both new and existing customer engagement.
- Deepen existing relationships and grow share of wallet / potential value within Securex
- Develop and maintain departments budget annually
- Develop initiatives aimed at ensuring that the contact Centre and customer experience as a whole supports and adds value beyond regular customer care activities to other Business units such as Sales, marketing, Revenue collection etc.
Training & Development
- Champion the embedment of service culture across the organization
- Through guidance and coaching, empower customer experience staff to handle complex client issues effectively and efficiently
- Interview, select, coach, train, manage performance and develop customer experience personnel and other service delivery staff.
- Periodic soft skills training of all client facing staff
- Provide Support to Branches ( Uganda, Tanzania & Mombasa) on customer care activities
- Ensure compliance with customer care and Securex policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to ISO quality assurance policy and OSHA health and safety policy.
Key Competencies / Skills
- A security professional with a proven track recorded in security management, planning and coordinating.
- An ability to carry out scope of work and produce the relevant level of paperwork to support such schemes.
- Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- A sound working knowledge of security best practice and legislation affecting the security role.
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
- An intermediate level of IT skills with a very good working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages.
- A very good knowledge of technology driven security solutions as well as a willingness to continually upgrade that knowledge.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills, with a “hands on”, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents, pro- active and self-motivated.
- An ability to work as part of team and also have the ability to lead teams.
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting requirements to meet shortfalls in staffing levels.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail, with a consulting mindset.
- Understanding financial practices such as cost control and budgeting, demonstrating financial acumen in all decision making.
- Must have the highest level of integrity, vigilant and of sound judgement.
- Should be unrelenting in the pursuit of excellence, ensuring to lead by setting the standards.
Required qualifications / experience
- A bachelor in a relevant field with a willingness to undergo a Masters.
- Professional management qualification and a member of a recognised professional management governing body.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in high level security with a minimum of three years working in a security managerial role, with security qualifications to support these years of service.
- Working knowledge of multiple security functions and security driven technology solutions.
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com clearly indicating on the email heading: ‘Application for the role of Zone Manager’.
Application deadline is COB 30th September 2016
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.