Sep 6, 2016
At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
It’s with this in mind that we announce the following vacancy based at Siginon Global Logistics, Mombasa.
Health and Safety Team Leader – 1 Position
Job Purpose: Reporting to Security and Safety Manager, the job holder will be responsible for Coordinating, supporting and advising the business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
He will establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
- Develop and drive implementation of the Company’s annual Health and Safety risk assessment Plan to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Compile regular reports on Health and Safety performance as per agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and follow up to analyze trends and identify remedial action to improve performance.
- Carry out regular road patrols to ensure safe driving behavior on the highway and local routes by company drivers at least 6 trips.
- Responsible for organizing and attending internal and external monthly safety meetings, taking note of the minutes and following up on actions arising to drive Health and Safety performance.
- In liaison with the Human Resource team, develop an annual Safety training plan for the drivers to include Defensive Driving Training for new drivers and annual refreshers for existing drivers.
- In liaison with the Human Resource team, ensure that Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure timely acquisitions and renewal of work registration permits and necessary health and safety certifications/permits.
- Ensure constitution of an active health and safety committee comprising of trained first aiders and fire marshals.
- Ensure internal and external statutory audits are conducted and action plans executed within agreed upon time lines
- Provide weekly reports to management on matters to do with Road safety observations/information gathered from the drivers and other stakeholders.
- In liaison with the workshop team, ensure all trucks are inspected and preventive maintenance program is consistently applied, records of breakdowns are safely kept and RCA done for major breakdowns and towing’s and recoveries are carried in accordance to agreed safety standards.
- Liaise with the Transport team to ensure that journey plans are issued before start of the trip and are reviewed and closed after end of each trip.
- Assist in monitoring of check points to ensure that the agreed standards are adhered to always.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Provide regular reports to the Group Human Resources Manager, Divisional Manager and Security Manager on relevant health and safety activities
- Build relationships at all levels and represent the company in professional manner including making presentations to internal and external stake holders on matters to do with Health and Safety.
- Perform any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time including participation in various committees as directed.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work experience
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering/Business Administration or Supply Chain Management;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position or equivalent;
- Relevant Occupational Health & Safety Trainings;
- Valid Health and Safety Certificate.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Data Collection, Management and Analysis skills;
- Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability
- Proficient computer skills
- Highly innovative
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current salary on your application) to reach us on or before Thursday 22nd September 2016 by email to: email@example.com