Sep 27, 2016
Do you believe you have what it takes to service, maintain and keep in good order all Ground Service Equipment (GSE) at Swissport?
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the above position in our Maintenance Department.
The successful candidates are responsible for ensuring that maintenance and repair works are undertaken in line with uptime availability and cost leadership.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment.
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required.
- Modify and overhaul power plant, drive-train, brake, electric and hydraulic systems.
- Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired.
- Respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with carrier, station, airport authority, and Swissport requirements.
- Ability to carry out both Arc and Gas welding activities
- Comply with all Swissport, airport authority and carrier safety and security requirements.
- Will retain a motor vehicle driver’s license for air side / non airside in good standing at all times.
- Keep GSE shop and its equipment clean and serviceable at all times, report any and all deficiencies to management.
- Fuel equipment as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements.
- Liaise with Ramp management, customers and staff in a professional manner when needed.
- Operate and drive all types of equipment – motorized and non-motorized.
Skill set requirement
- Education: KCSE Mean C Minus, with computer proficiency.
- Professional Knowledge: Craft 3 Certificate in Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience: At least 3 years as a technician in a busy operational environment.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
Application letter and CV only should be forwarded
via email: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: October 3rd, 2016