Sep 22, 2016
Expression of Interest (EOI) for Provision of Consultancy Services for the Development of the STRYDE Training Manual for Partners
TechnoServe invites suitably qualified consultant/s or consulting companies to submit an expression of interest to develop and design a training manual for the STRYDE program
General Information: TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets.
Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities.
With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
For more information visit: www.technoserve.org
Project Overview: TechnoServe’s unique Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise (STRYDE) Program has three main objectives: increase opportunities for rural youth income generation through youth access to advisory services and increase number of businesses hiring rural youth; increase ability to generate incomes through financial literacy training and career development skills; and increase motivation to take advantage of those opportunities, through increased youth self-confidence and understanding of career choices.
The overall goal of the Program is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of rural youth and their households. A key component of the STRYDE program model is sustainability. The program focuses on ensuring lasting program impact as its greatest innovation.
We utilize M4P approach to transfer STRYDE training and other TechnoServe functions to prioritized partners with the aim of sustaining impact after the end of the program.
Central to achieving suitability and scale is having a replicable, needs based and quality training manual.
Purpose: The STRYDE program wishes to review and retool our current training manual with the aim of achieving a more relevant, affordable and youth friendly manual and with contents that can be digitized for maximum impact and scale.
We envisage a participatory and adult learning techniques-based training manual to enhance delivery and increase its effectiveness as a tool for behavioral change.
The training manual will be based on the current STRYDE curriculum and the feedback gathered from our implementing partners. The current training manual will be provided for reference.
The objectives of the consultancy
- To review subject areas in the current STRYDE training manual for relevance and appropriateness to STRYDE target beneficiaries;
- Update content of the training manual taking into account changes in the subject areas in the current manual;
- Review training sessions to maximize delivery within the time frame.
- A report on the training manual review highlighting proposed changes to content and style of delivery and any other key areas
- Well-designed STRYDE training manual approved by the STRYDE Regional Program Director and the Regional Training and Capacity Building Manager
The successful consultant will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in similar tasks, capacity and innovativeness
- Demonstrated understanding of curriculum and training manual development
- Demonstrated experience in supporting entrepreneurship development
- Experience in youth and women development and instructional design work will be an added advantage
The Procedure: Interested firms / consortiums of firms must provide information indicating their qualification; capabilities and details of similar / related assignments in the last three years and names and contacts of clients, and availability of facilities and resources including financials as well as human capital to carry out the assignment.
The short-listed firms will be called upon to prepare complete technical and financial proposals.
Form of Submission
Completed Expression of Interest (EOI) PDF documents clearly marked ‘’EOI for the development and design of the STRYDE Partners training manual” Should be sent to the following email address;
So as to be received on or before 3rd October 2016 by midnight east African time.
Late Submissions will not be accepted