Sep 5, 2016
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reports To: Finance Manager
Job Description: To effectively execute accounting function of the company, Tusker Mattresses Limited (Tuskys) is looking to engage a high calibre professional as a Financial Accountant.
- This is a Management role reporting directly to the Finance Manager
- The job holder will provide support and assist with all aspects of the Financial Accounting, Tax and Treasury functions and will assume responsibility for providing financial direction to operations and support the strategic and business needs.
- He /She will play an integral part to drive overall financial plan/strategy for the operation’s growth.
- Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards, statutory requirements, legal requirements, & Company policies and procedures
- Formulating Financial best practice guidelines/ policies and ensure compliance with given standards.
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future performance of the business to support decision making. Primary focus is on corrective action and the successful implementation of these actions, monitored on a monthly basis.
- Maintain efficient systems to monitoring integrity of financial statements generated and reported for the business
- Provide direct support for Senior Management
- Timely & accurate reporting of financial information
- Monitor/redirect company efforts and resources to ensure annual targets are achieved (P&L, B/S, Cash flow)
- Ensure adequate controls, policies, procedures, & practices are in place to protect company assets
- Ensure that the businesses operating expenses are held within budgeted limits and recommend revisions to bring them in sync with projected company performance throughout the year
- Assist in the preparation and filing of all tax returns on the dates stipulated by the tax authorities and Coordinate annual Financial & Tax commitments for local statutory requirements.
- Any duty as may be assigned by the Finance Manager from time to time.
Educational & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree Finance/Accounting/Business graduate or equivalent
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- 5 years related experience various finance roles, three (3) of which must have been in the same level.
- Strong ERP knowledge and experience would be an added advantage.
The preferred candidate will possess;
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Teamwork and influencing team dynamics
- Managing and Valuing diversity; respect for others
- High Stress tolerance and resilience
- Planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of Accounting software
- Corporate Finance knowledge
- Project Management knowledge
- Data mining or programming skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae in to the below email by 9th September 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be conducted.