Sep 30, 2016
Position Title: Education Counsellor – Dadaab 33/16
Contract term: Full-time, 1-year contract with possibility for extension
Background: Windle Trust Kenya (WTK), a member of Windle Trust International Federation, is a non-profit organization with a mission to transform society through education and training.
We are working with communities in Dadaab District, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana North, Turkana West, Dadaab Refugee Camps and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
Windle Trust Kenya wishes to recruit for the position of Education Counselor to be based in Dadaab.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Education Counsellor will provide overall support to the teaching staff, PTA members and students by transferring counselling skills to them.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Train teachers, parents and staff to enhance their effectiveness in providing psycho-social support to girls in their schools.
- Facilitate establishment of school counselling programme and resources to help girls develop skills in the areas of personal/social growth, educational planning, and career development
- Provide a comprehensive individual and group counselling services to meet the developmental, preventive, and remedial needs of girls in target primary and secondary schools.
- A psychology/ Guidance and Counselling or social science degree from a recognized University
- Membership with a Professional counselling body
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of counselling, training, group facilitation, supervision and/or community based psychosocial programming
- Demonstrated passion and a commitment to changing lives of others especially the girls for the better and inspires others in that passion and commitment.
- Maturity of attitude, relevant experience and personality
- Special interest, understanding, sensitivity and proven skills of working with girls and communities in Arid and Semi-Arid regions
- Demonstrated ability to travel to and work in remote areas with rural populations.
- High level computer skills required
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and coaching staff and community members
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resumé with a covering letter quoting reference number 33/16 to:
Human Resource Department,
Windle Trust Kenya,
P O Box 40521-00100
The application deadline is Monday 10th October 2016.
WTK is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.