Oct 7, 2016
Ref No: DB001/16
Job Description: An Architect will be designing new buildings, restoring and conserving old buildings and developing new ways of using existing buildings.
They are involved in construction projects from the earliest stages right through to completion
Duties and Responsibilities
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project and in some cases help to select a site;
- Consult with other professionals about design;
- Assess the needs of the building and its users and advise the client on the practicality of their project;
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client;
- Assess the impact on the local environment;
- Use IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software;
- Keep within financial budgets and deadlines;
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications;
- Producing detailed drawings from which costing are made
- Negotiate with contractors and other professionals;
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments;
- Preparing tender and planning applications and presentations
- attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists and project manage and help to coordinate the work of contractors;
- making sure that the project is running within the agreed time frame
- carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget;
- resolve problems and issues that arise during construction;
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
- making site visits to check on progress
- Dealing with problems that might come up during building.
Qualification and Skills
- A bachelor's degree program in architecture or any relevant course
- 1-2 years experience
- Have a portfolio demonstrating a broad mixture of work, including sketches, freehand drawings, photographs and models.
- Have strong visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Have good drawing skills, with the ability to work in three dimensions (3D)
- Be inventive and imaginative
- Have reasonable mathematical skills
- Have computer skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have presentation skills
- be able to organize projects
- have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problem solving
- have time management skills
- be self-confident and able to cope with criticism of their work
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.