Oct 15, 2016
Bartender Job Purpose
- Offering quick, efficient and friendly patronage to the customers at the bars
- Preparing beverage orders received from the restaurants.
- He should have a wide scope of beverage knowledge and be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations.
- His role is to stay guest focused and provide an excellent guest drinking experience.
- Welcoming, acknowledging and greeting guests who come to the bar.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Engaging the guests in conversation
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations as well as up-sell food and beverages to guests.
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Creating beverage lists, menus and drink promotions in close collaboration with the F&B Supervisor
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Comply with all safety and health policies when handling food and beverages.
- Follows correct sequence of service outlined in the F&B Standard Operating Manual.
- Clean glasses, utensils, bar equipment, bars, work areas, tables and guest lounge areas.
- Clear tables and counters once service is completed and cleans up any spillages thereof.
- Monitoring the intake of alcohol by guests, and prohibiting the sale of alcohol to those who are intoxicated.
- Issue sales receipts & receive guest cash bill payments and ensure correct change is issued back.
- Reports all spoilages and breakages to the F&B Supervisor for proper recording.
- Prepare a daily collection summary report and submission of all collections to the cashiers desk at end of shift
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a bartender and waiter
- Excellent knowledge of and serving drinks
- Knowledge of alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages, in-mixing, garnishing and food pairings
- Computer literacy
- Must be a team player.
- Must present a cheerful, outgoing, positive manner with excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills, fluent in English & Swahili
- Ability to lift heavy trays filled with glassware/food.
- Basic math skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Honesty and integrity
- Able to work under pressure & take initiative in a fast paced environment
- Must be punctual, dependable and flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have a neat appearance and be well groomed
- Responds in a positive manner with alternative solutions when a client’s initial request is not possible.
- Shows initiative and takes action with an appropriate level of independence
Interested person should sent their application and CV to email@example.com clearly indicating the position and desired salary NOT later than Friday 21st October 2016