Oct 26, 2016
Job Title: Repair Supervisor
Reports to: Logistics and Repair Manager
Location: Distribution Centre Kisumu
Purpose: As BBOXX continues to scale its business the equipment refurbishing workload is significantly increasing at distribution centres.
A Repair Supervisor will manage the repair team and will be a single report to Logistics and Repair Manager and the Head of Product Support (functional). Supervisor will retain all the existing Technician’s responsibilities together with additional supervisory and reporting duties.
- Repair and refurbish all BBOXX components
- Escalate all unsolvable issues to product support
- Follow BBOXX refurbishment processes
- Maintain a clean and tidy working area
- Use best practices in stock management
- Accurately report of all repairs and refurbishments
- Supervision of all aspects of the testing, repair and refurbishment process.
- Scheduling and monitoring of Technician activities
- Ensuring all processes conform to BBOXX policies and procedures
- Monitoring, implementation and recording of quality control processes
- Supervise and account for all stock management within Technical Department
- Training, coaching, development and appraisal of direct Technician reports.
- Reporting of any relevant issues, concerns, desired improvements, corrective actions, etc., to line Manager.
- Assist line manager and HR department in recruitment and disciplinary processes.
Description of tasks:
- Diagnose issues using flowcharts
- Replace parts using standard workshop tools
- Use online guides to assist with refurbishments
- Use BBOXX specific tools to re-programme control units
- Use BBOXX software to record repair and refurbishments
- Record all spare parts used
- Discuss issues with product support
- Use a root cause analysis framework to communicate clearly
- Regularly tidy the refurbishment area
- Make suggestions for process improvements
- Share best practices for how to repair BBOXX products
- Daily team meeting to review, allocate and agree tasks.
- Prioritise activity daily and direct Technicians duties.
- Communicate with Manager any issues that ae or might affect departmental performance and for immediate remediation.
- Monitor and report any variance from BBOXX procedures including but not limited to flow chart refurbishment and repair processes.
- Ensure adherence to quality control policy through inspection and checks on products available for reissue and monitoring of longer term QC testing of solar charged CU’s.
- Manage daily stock movements and investigate any discrepancies’ immediately and report findings to Manager.
- Act as mentor for Team and assist in training, development and assessment of Technicians through daily monitoring of their work performance.
- Ensure that all BBOXX reporting is timely, accurate and relevant. Work with BBOXX specialists to continually improve monitoring and performance data and reports.
- Advise line Manager of existing or future anticipated Technical HR requirements in anticipation of change in workloads, peaks in activity, etc.
- Technical degree or diploma
- Three year of experience in a technical position
- Problem solving skills and ability to understand new concepts
- Experience managing a team desirable
- Desire for self-improvement and career progression
- Proficient at using Microsoft computer software
- Resilient to stress with a positive attitude
- Honest and hardworking
- Good communicator both up and down
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your application letter and CV only quoting the job title on the email firstname.lastname@example.org (REPAIR SUPERVISOR) latest Wednesday November 1, 2016