Oct 24, 2016
Sports Kenya is a State Corporation established by the Sports Act of 25th January, 2013 with the mandate to manage and develop national sporting facilities, promote and coordinate sporting activities at the grassroots, county and national levels
Sports Kenya Board is seeking to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self driven employee to fill the position shown below;
Chief Internal Auditor
Scale SK 4
Key Responsibilities: An Officer at this level will be responsible to the Board on all matters that relate to financial control and regulation of Sports Kenya management.
- Interpret all the financial control and regulations of the SK management;
- Interpret financial policies for sound auditing principles/practices and control;
- Develop and implement audit plans;
- Undertake special audit investigations as may be required from time to time;
- Coordinate Internal Auditors work.
- Develop and assess risk management guidelines as well as fraud investigation strategy;
- Set and implement systems in accordance with International Auditing Standards;
- Carry out supervision, guidance and development of staff working under him/her;
- Implement and audit work programs in line with set targets and annual work plans; and
- Any other duties that may from time to time be assigned.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Have at least 8 years experience in finance or related field;
- Have served in the grade of Senior Auditor for at least five (5) years;
- Have a degree in commerce, economies or its recognized equivalent professional qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Have a masters degree in Commerce, Economies , or Management or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution will be desirable;
- Have passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA (K) Examination or its recognized equivalent professional qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional competence in managing internal audit functions;
- Be a results oriented team player with good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills;
- Be a person of integrity
- Possess good leadership and relationship building and collaboration skills;
- Be committed to continuous learning, performance improvement and professional development; and possess strategic and project management skills.
Remuneration for the position is:
- Basic Salary - 89,748/= to 120,270/= pm
- House allowance - 45,000/= pm
- Commuter allowance - 14,000/=pm
- Residential Tel Line - 4000/=pm
Interested candidates should send their application letters enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, clearance from EACC , CID and HELB and details of three referees.
The candidates should send their application letters with job reference quoted on the envelope to reach the undersigned on or before 4th November, 2016 by the close of business.
Note: Persons with disabilities and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing both directly or indirectly will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Acting Director General