Oct 26, 2016
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Job Purpose: Lead all major capital projects (CapEx) that include civil works construction, mechanical and electrical installations to improve capacity and functionality of our infrastructure.
Lead all major construction projects and manage team, external consultants and contractors to deliver projects on time, within budget and within scope.
Research, design, test, and project manage the implementation of solutions to improve critical facilities. Lead the asset maintenance program to improve equipment reliability.
Key Result Areas
- Management of specific facilities construction projects, new equipment installation projects and equipment maintenance projects within the set time & cost and to the correct specification.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and monitor where there might be complaints from staff due to the state of facilities and develop measures to forestall such occurrences
Key areas of Support:
- Manage key capital projects by monitor adherence to designs, layouts, specifications, billls of quantities and work breakdown structures for facilities construction (or upgrade) and new equipment installation projects.
- Ensure monitoring and adherence to project schedules and budgets for upgrade and new equipment installation projects as per timelines and budgets issued by the company.
- Improve capital project tendering procedures and propose controls that will promote integrity of all stakeholders involved in the tendering process.
- Create a project management enviroment that promotes adequate stakeholder involvement.
- Put in place measures to ensure effective oversight and supervision of all construction and installation sites at to ensure that design specifications are followed and that a high quality of workmanship is attained.
- Effective management of contractors (civil, mechanical, electrical).
- Oversee general facilities repairs.
- Ensure adherence to Occupational Safety & Health Procedures by the facilities team and all contractors on site.
- Develop and manage team to implement the asset maintenance strategy to achieve increased reliability of assets and a reduction in the cost of maintenance.
- Continuous evaluation of security systems and suggest areas deemed for improvement.
- Conduct periodic work planning for staff under area of supervision. Assist in conducting continuous performance evaluation of the same as well as guiding staff on areas of improvement.
- Participate in the creation and reconcilliation of Capital Expenditure (CapEx) budgets.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-4 years’ experience.
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in managing major construction projects
- Project design experience.
- Cost modelling and optimization
- Experience managing contractors and consultants from a variety of disciplines (architects, structural engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, contractors etc.)
The Facilites Manager will need the following qualities:
- Project management
- Contract Management
- Excellent analytical skills –
- Human centred design
- Design optimization
- Resoundingly pragmatic and innovative
- Leadership skills
- The ability to conceive, design, test, evaluate potential solutions and implement recommendations;
- Communications and presentations skills.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online