Oct 22, 2016
Position: Inclusive Livelihoods M & E Project Officer
Responsible to:- Inclusive Livelihoods Project Manager
Location: Kakuma (Non family duty station)
The Organization: Handicap International is an INGO specializing in the field of disability and development.
A strong emphasis is placed on empowering people with disabilities through their integration into mainstream development activities and the provision of appropriate health and rehabilitation services to ensure equal opportunities for all.
The Position: Under the supervision of Inclusive Livelihoods Project Manager, the Inclusive Livelihoods Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will oversee the implementation of the project monitoring plan and will undertake routine data (quantitative and qualitative) collection and analysis on key project indicators using specifically designed instruments for project monitoring.
S/he will be responsible for
1. Monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the implementation of inclusive livelihoods project activities by
- Contributing to the development of monitoring tools including pre and post training tests and ensure that the data tools are properly filled
- Ensuring the timely and effective implementation of M&E tools in the site
2. Providing support and capacity building for implementing partners by
- Identifying the need for training of Livelihood implementing consortium partners in Kakuma refugee camp
- Supporting, designing and developing training plans, training curricula and training materials and making sure they are validated by the Technical Advisor(s) and the Project Manager
3. Contributing towards the development of the project
- Participating in the assessment of gaps and needs in the sector of intervention and exchanging information with the Project Manager
- Participating in review of strategies and project planning
4. Management and supervision of staff under his/her line management
5. Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Development or qualification in related field
- Diploma in micro enterprises management an added advantage.
- Strong experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection
- At least 2 years’ practical experience of M&E, data collection, management and analysis in development and/or humanitarian sector with special emphasis on livelihood program
- Experience in the implementation of project monitoring plan
- Experience in monitoring projects targetting Persons with disability desirable
- Great attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong computer skills especially Excel and databases
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Excellent oral communication, Good spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Very good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet and electronic messaging system
Behavioural Competencies :
- Relational capabilities.
- Enjoy working with persons with disabilities.
Languages: English: read, write and speak fluently
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV(including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to:-
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Inclusive Livelihoods M & E Project Officer Position”.
Closing Date: - 8th November, 2016
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Handicap International is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply