Oct 7, 2016
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position which is available:
Job Title: Health Informatics Systems (HIS) Programmer
Overall Job Function: The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the Technical Advisor - Monitoring & Evaluation to provide technical support in system development, set up, testing, implementation, maintenance of a robust interoperable point of care (POC) EMR for use at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) to enhance monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities within the HIV prevention, care and treatment program in ICAP.
- Support patient electronic medical records (EMR) software design, development, implementation & maintenance
- Support server and SQL Database Administration (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Development of Electronic MoH and clinical reporting modules in the facility EMR
- Develop a system manuals and SOPs for end users
- Capacity build & train hospital staff & program staff to optimally operate the facility EMR and required information systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field
- Experience in SQL database design and administration, server setup and maintenance (including networking and computer hardware maintenance)
- Experience in MOH M&E and in development and/or implementation of HIV-related EMRs (IQCare, C-PAD, OpenMRS/KenyaEMR) system development and/or implementation will be an added advantage.
- Ability to plan and manage simultaneous competing priorities with little supervision
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to:
The Director - Human Resources,
on or before October 14, 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer