Oct 7, 2016
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position which is available:
Job Title: Technical Advisor - HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Program Director, the Technical Advisor-HIV Prevention,Care & Treatment is a member of the senior regional management team and will oversee programmatic activities and site support at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) for efficient delivery of quality services.
- To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at JOOTRH
- To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of TB/HIV activities at JOOTRH
- To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of provider-initiated counseling and testing activities at JOOTRH
- To provide on-going supervision of ICAP-supported HIV care and treatment programs
- To participate in training and mentorship of site facility staff
- To participate in designing programs to assist in monitoring and evaluation and ensuring quality assurance of HIV care and treatment programs
- To liaise with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating the implementation of the program
- To prepare budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Degree in Medicine
- MPH, or an advanced relevant degree an added advantage
- 5 years of experience managing donor-funded health and/or HIV programs in the public sector
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to:
The Director - Human Resources,
on or before October 14, 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer