Oct 7, 2016
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position which is available:
Job Title: Technical Advisor - PMTCT
Overall Function: Reporting to the Program Director, the Technical Advisor-PMTCT will oversee the planning and implementation of PMTCT and HIV exposed Infant activities within Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
- Provide PMTCT technical support to JOOTRH
- Oversee the training of health care workers at JOOTRH on National PMTCT guidelines and protocols
- Strengthen referrals and linkages between MOH & JOOTRH
- Strengthen collaboration and linkages between PMTCT and HIV-Exposed Infants (HEI) activities at the MCH
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems for PMTCT and HIV exposed infants
- To participate in the County PMTCT technical working group in the Ministry of Health and National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP)
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine / Nursing / Diploma-Clinical Medicine or an equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in the implementation of PMTCT activities
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to:
The Director - Human Resources,
on or before October 14, 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer