Oct 24, 2016
The Competition Authority of Kenya (the Authority) is a Statutory Agency established under the Competition Act No.12 of 2010.
The Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Information Communication Technology Department
Information Communication Technology Assistant
Job reference CAK/07.10/2016
This position reports to the Senior ICT officer, Information communication technology.
Duties and Responsibilities;
a) ICT Support
- Develop draft ICT design specifications;
- Be involved in inspection of ICT related procured goods and services;
- Provide ICT user support;
- Conduct requisite training to all users in the Authority on information systems and ICT usage;
- Monitor the level of ICT usage within the Authority and document the skills gaps that require further training;
- Create a knowledge base on ICT products and services for the Authority; and
- Carry out analysis requirement and procedures within the objectives of automating or enhancing the already existing infrastructure.
b) ICT Maintenance
- Carry out analysis of user requirements and procedures with the objective of automating or enhancing the already existing infrastructure including telecommunications systems, network switching systems, hardware and other software solutions with a view of minimizing/eliminating downtimes.
- Assist in the maintenance of PABX and telephone network.
- Constantly monitor bandwidth utilization and ICT infrastructure security.
- Test hardware and software to ensure adherence to the set specifications as well as evaluating their efficiency, reliability and compatibility with the technological developments.
- Implement computer security measures and guidelines to safeguard information and databases against malicious or unauthorized access, modification, destruction and virus attacks.
- Create backup schedules for files and data, carry out the backups and test for effectiveness on a continuous basis.
- Schedule and carry out preventive maintenance of all ICT related equipment.
- Maintain ICT equipment inventory and hardware.
- Maintain corporate-wide messaging system for the Authority.
Education and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field; and
- Professional qualifications in database/system administration.
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar organization;
- Specialist knowledge in ICT support; and
- Experience in ICT hardware and software maintenance.
Skills and Competences
- Technical IT skills
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to write reports
- Numeric Skills.
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at Kenya Railways HQs Block “D” Ground floor, to be received on or before 3rd November 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
General Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAK is “an Equal Opportunity Employer” Women, Youth and Persons living with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Please note that, applications without all the specified attachments will not be considered.