Oct 15, 2016
IT Officer ECHO / Help Desk
Human Capital Synergies Africa in partnership with its client through support from the Donor funded activities which leads disease surveillance and intervention efforts for other lung diseases seeks to recruit dynamic individuals for two new and exciting positions.
These position will support the country rollout and adoption of Extension for Community Health Outcomes (ECHO) as well as the setting up and running of a Help Desk for the surveillance Program.
ECHO is an innovative video conference-based system used to build the capacity of health care workers for disease control and makes specialized medical knowledge accessible to frontline health care workers across the country.
The Program is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the above positions -
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Deputy Head of surveillance program/ECHO technical lead and working closely with the ECHO coordinator and the ICT team, the role will involve data management, comparative data analysis, advice software development and (or) improvement.
The Officer will equally perform user support tasks, desktop management, pro-active network and server monitoring and performance logging of the ECHO project.
The Officer will also provide 3rd line technical support to the IT Helpdesk team located at the surveillance Program and remote the facilities running ECHO and any other task as assigned.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the infrastructural set up at the hub for ECHO sessions as well as remote assistance to the spokes (user support).
- Ensuring set up of the ECHO session and standby support during the ECHO sessions for both the hub and the spokes (which includes IT levels of troubleshooting).
- Record and manage zoom calls.
- Set up database for all cases and topics presented.
- Offer ongoing training sessions on ECHO to any new spokes.
- Develop software for CPD point’s provision (the software should seamlessly integrate with ECHO).
- In collaboration with the ECHO Coordinator, keep all relevant databases and conduct data management and analytics.
- Provide statistical input in ECHO forums and give key inputs in development of the M&E framework.
- Evaluate and assist in analysing ECHO performance (using statistical modelling).
- Manage iECHO as well as maintenance and management of all ECHO equipment.
- Update the surveillance Program website with information on ECHO activities.
- Set up the help desk in conjunction with the full IT team (cover both TIBU and GeneXpert) User support
- Technical support to any system queries.
- Serve as a key member of the TIBU and GeneXpert operational teams.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science with three (3) years’ work experience.
- Experience in TB Program management is preferable.
- A Master’s degree in Statistics will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing 3rd party conferencing software.
- Experience in programming languages such as SQL, PHP and Java Script.
- Experience in design, development and support of stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Experience in user support (over 300 system users).
- Experience in using statistical packages for the purpose of Gene Xpert data analysis with ability to cross reference with data from TIBU system.
- Experience in training users preferably on ICT systems and data management with specific experience in a national system roll out.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications by 21st October 2016 with a day - time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with IT OFFICER ECHO on the Subject line.