Oct 18, 2016
Position Title: Communication and Advocacy Specialist - Short Term
Duration: 6 Months
Job Summary – Purpose: To manage the Communication and Advocacy activities for KeNAAM, raise awareness and increase visibility of the organization with key stakeholders and the general public, ensure dissemination of appropriate messages to relevant audiences (both internally and externally) through effective channels, and promote documentation of the organization’s program work as well as information sharing and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of KeNAAM’s communications and Advocacy policies and plans.
- Facilitate the mapping of regional malaria CSO’s partners
- Develop strategic links and collaboration with other local and national advocacy organizations to deliver common goals.
- Develop and facilitate production of advocacy materials
- Develop Malaria CSO’s Regional Accountability platforms in high endemic regions in Kenya
- Facilitate documentation of KeNAAM’s program work.
- Support programs to undertake Rapid Assessment on Domestic Malaria Investment and build case studies, and assist conduct operations research to inform advocacy agenda.
- Track, monitor, and document the status, quality, and progress of advocacy interventions.
- Provide input on behalf of the programs into policy and decision-making processes of county and national government ministries.
- Facilitating monthly Malaria Round table forums with regional CSO's
- Facilitate the KeNAAM website redesign
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor Degree in Journalism / Mass Communication or Public Relations or any other
- relevant field in Communication and Advocacy.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 5 years of overall professional Communication, Advocacy or Public relations in an NGO setting.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume of a maximum 4 pages and a cover letter indicating their current and expected salary, date available to start working, letters of recommendation preferably from a previous employer and a copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable) to:
Closing Date: October 24, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.