Oct 5, 2016
The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
Enterprise Risk Manager
Reporting to the General Manager (Strategy), the role is responsible to head the Risk Management Department for the efficient and effective coordination of risk management, and monitoring and evaluation activities of the company.
- Planning and conceptualization which will entail establishment of the organizational environment identify and analyze corporate objectives in relation to expected outcomes and define the key elements for structuring risk.
- Identification, analysis and evaluation of risk, business processes and projects through the use of appropriate tools and techniques, comprehensively determine impact, ratings and ranking of risks.
- Develop and implement detailed risk action plans.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems for business activities
- Monitor and review risk management on a continuous basis to ensure new risks are detected and that the action plan is effectively implemented
- Communication and reporting including circulation of the corporate risk register, action plans, milestone and all risk management reports.
- Ensure robust, program-wide consistent M&E systems are in place and used effectively throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Oversee the collection of high quality data to document project effect and impact. Contribute to ensuring adequate documentation is made for all activities undertaken in the course of the project.
- Organize performance through performance contracts (PC) reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate risk management plans as well as monitoring and evaluation systems aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assess staff performance and determine training needs as well as design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Prepare concept papers, board papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing organizational achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and areas of improvement.
- Broad knowledge of Risk Management and Monitoring and Evaluation principles and guidelines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong expertise in strategic management, project planning and service tariffs, budgeting and resource & performance management.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret operational, economic and financial data and apply management principles and practices.
- Ability to develop and implement performance management systems.
- Ability to empower staff.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Be in possession of qualifications/Certification in Risk Management
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
NB: Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for positions listed above must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The above appointments are on Three (3) Year Contract Terms (Renewable subject to good performance)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX
or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday, 19th October, 2016
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.