Oct 5, 2016
The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
KPC Foundation Manager
Reporting to the General Manager (Strategy), the role is responsible for ensuring that the Company achieves substantive improvements in its ongoing commitment to become a more sustainable and socially responsible company.
A key part of this role will be to coordinate overall environmental efforts and act as lead staff on specific CSR initiatives.
The major responsibilities of this position will be: ‐
- Craft and implement the corporate social responsibility strategy of KPC Foundation.
- Introduce and implement global best practice in KPC’s CSR management
- Create viable partnerships with other CSR stakeholders
- Coordinate the activities of KPC’s network of community champions across the region
- Organize communication forums for KPC Community Champions in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Represent the KPC Foundation in appropriate forums and participate in CSR membership organizations, gather and share resources
- Manage the disbursement of grants and donations from the KPC Foundation to beneficiaries
- Develop and facilitate initiatives that promote KPC’s CSR commitment.
- Develop recommendations for the KPC Foundation management and Board where needed.
- Facilitate presentation of approved funds and ensure appropriate publicity and profiling
- Conduct research on the impact of KPC Foundation’s initiatives and implement remedial actions
- Facilitate sustainability reporting for the KPC
- Monitor the implementation of funded projects and evaluate their impacts
- Originate and disseminate relevant reports on the activities of the KPC Foundation
- Benchmark competition and industry best practices.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- A university degree preferably in Social Sciences.
- Professional qualification in Community Development, Public Relations and Communication will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of twelve (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and complex organization.
- Experience in foundation management and/or related activities
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Cross‐functional, multi‐disciplinary project management and business analysis skills
- Proven networking skills and a demonstrated capacity to work independently and in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with stake holders.
- Have good report writing and communication skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Result driven and willing to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel within the region of KPC’s operation in pursuit of the company’s CSR objectives.
- High level of integrity.
NB: Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for positions listed above must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The above appointments are on Three (3) Year Contract Terms (Renewable subject to good performance)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX
or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday, 19th October, 2016
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.