Oct 19, 2016
Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute (KIRDI) is a National Research Institute under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Co-operatives (State Department for Investment and Industry).
It was established under the Science and Technology Act Cap.250 of the Laws of Kenya in 1979, (now repealed and replaced by the Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013) as a multidisciplinary institution to undertake research and development in industrial and allied technologies.
The institute wishes to fill the following vacant position:
Director / Chief Executive Officer
Job Description: The Director / Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be the accounting officer of KIRDI.
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors and will be in charge of the day to day administration and management of the Institute.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Coordinating and implementation of the KIRDI strategic plan that will deliver on the core mandate of the Institute’s Research, Technology and Innovation in line with Vision 2030
- Ensuring prudent management of resources and assets of KIRDI
- Ensuring Board decisions are implemented and reported on time
- Transforming KIRDI to a self sustaining Institute
- Initiating, reviewing and overseeing implementation of policies and programmes as well as harmonizing operational procedures to ensure high levels of performance and accountability
- Establishing and maintaining collaboration with key local, regional and international partners to promote industrial research and development
- Promoting effective communication, management and administrative policies and systems
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the Board
For appointment to this post, the candidate:
- Should be a strategic thinker, with masters level education in any of the following disciplines; Management, Leadership, Business Administration, Finance, Project Management or its equivalent, PhD qualification will be an added advantage
- Must have served at senior management level for not less than 15 years in a public or private institution
- Must have clear demonstration of managerial, administrative and organizational development skills
- Proven track record of leading organizational change
- Demonstrated capability in resource mobilization
Interested candidates for the job must attach clearance certificates from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Commission for University Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- An approved Credit Reference Bureau
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-to-date curriculum vitae and identification cards/passport to reach the undersigned not later than Friday 11th November 2016, 5.00 PM.
Please indicate respective position you wish to be considered for on the application letter and envelope
Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute (KIRDI)
Popo Road, Nairobi South C
P.O. Box 30650 - 00100
NB: KIRDI is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.