Oct 7, 2016
Vacancy: Reservations Specialist
Job Ref: RS/RS/1
Our client owns a luxury retreat that offers a unique experience amidst natural beauty and sustainable living. It is situated in central Laikipia Plateau.
They are looking for a Reservations Specialist to be based at their Nairobi office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design personalised itineraries for high end clients in order to meet their individualised needs and preferences.
- Provide first-hand information on Kenya to international clients.
- Review daily operational updates and make necessary edits affecting client itineraries.
- Prepare quotes for accounts department to invoice, and follow up clients for payment.
- Exercise diplomatic skills in all aspects of client relations including unexpected illnesses, lost luggage and missed flights.
- Generate reports for the department for review by management.
- Represent the company at various business events and functions.
- Meet and greet incoming international clients.
- Maintain an efficient client database.
- Well-presented individual with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organised and meticulous.
- Must have a keen eye for detail.
- Must be able to quickly think on their feet.
- Open to new concepts and well spoken
- Be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- A Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, or experience in lieu of.
- A minimum of five years in bookings and reservations, with at least two years in management.
- Knowledge in any foreign language will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks will be an added advantage.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your updated CV in word format with an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted