Oct 13, 2016
Office Administrator – Medium Sized Law Firm
Required by a medium sized Law firm in Nairobi
Primary Responsibility: Ensure efficient running of the office through coordination and supervision of day to day office activities to enable those charged with various responsibilities to discharge the same efficiently or without any operational constraints and to provide administrative support services.
- Handle and coordinate staff issues including monitoring, attendance, punctuality, leave, records maintenance, advances and provide payroll input
- Ensure service delivery to clients is to the expected standards by ensuring that clients visiting the offices are promptly served and follow ups done
- Supervise administrative staff in the office to ensure they effectively discharge their duties as expected
- Handle petty cash through requisition, disbursements, records maintenance and reconciliation
- Maintain the CLE calendar and ensure that it is adhered to by coordinating preparation of schedule, reminders, follow up and maintenance of records
- Ensure staff movement is facilitated in order for them to discharge their duties effectively including disbursement, monitoring, utilization of allowances and ensuring all allowances are accounted for
- Oversee the maintenance of the diary and follow-up on all issues recorded therein to completion. This will include supervision of the bring up system
- Follow up on collection of fees from clients to ensure that all services rendered are paid for
- Follow up on court cases and ensure that all are attended to
- Ensure utilities such as electricity, water and telephones are paid for as per deadlines
- Ensure the house keeping standards are maintained to required levels
- Diploma in Business Administration and proficiency in MS Office Suite,
- At least two years experience in a busy and dynamic law firm
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure without compromising the service standards, delegate and supervise a team and must demonstrate assertiveness, confidence, good people skills and communication skills.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org 24th October 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.