Oct 24, 2016
Online Shop Supply Chain Manager
The Role: Helping to transfer products from the manufacturers and suppliers right to the retail door, and making sure shops remain fully stocked.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Select online supply routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
- Experience in SCM (Delivery people management for an online shopping)
- Good computer knowledge.
- Good team leader
- Planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
- Writing skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating current and expected salary.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted