Oct 19, 2016
Vacancy: IT Support Assistant
We are a retail pharmacy chain dispensing prescription and non-prescription pharmaceutical products.
The company has retail outlets located mostly in high traffic residential estates capitalizing on volumes created by health care medicine prescribers to the average Kenyan consumer.
General Purpose of the Role: The IT Support Assistant will provide support to the IT Manager in implementing IT policies across the company in line with overall company strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance in the use of computer hardware and software
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to IT Manager as appropriate
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts
- Installs software programs as and when required including running system updates
- Periodically checks all machines for anti-virus validity and updates where required
- Tests programs
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages
- Administers user accounts
- Designs and produces basic reports such as hardware maintenance report
- Conducts daily information back up and ensures safe storage of the back-up devices
- Routine checks and maintenance of CCTV cameras
- Routine checks and maintenance of PDQ and Smart Card reader machines
Competencies & Skills Required
- Must be partially conversant with programming
- Must be able to think outside the box and provide cutting edge solutions
- Must be accountable
- Must be able to stretch the hours when required and also be on call
- Language skills – Fluent English and Kiswahili
- Planning skills
- Time management skills
Education Qualification & Work Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology is desired, however Diploma in IT can be considered
- Certification on A+ and N+
- Knowledge of how CCTV cameras work
- Work experience of not less than 3 years preferably in retail
- Age: 25-30 years
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications which MUST include a cover letter, CV and copies of relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th October 2016.
Only qualified & shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend interviews.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.