Oct 1, 2016
SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited, is a dynamic Christian based bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Head of Credit
Reporting to the General Manager – Business, the position is responsible for protecting the Banks’ Asset Book by ensuring prudent credit policies and procedures are in place to efficiently and effectively mitigate risk by controlling credit and managing the debts owed by customers to ensure profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating, implementing, review and ensuring compliance to credit strategies and policies and procedures
- Managing the Banks’ lending function efficiently and effectively to ensure profitability and risk mitigation
- Developing credit products through the evaluation of customer needs and activities in liaison with the Operations / business development department
- Undertake risk management through monitoring and administration of credit performance through reports and returns from the branch network
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with key customers and stakeholders in order to maintain and create business opportunities and help in monitoring customers’ credit rating with banks and credit reference agencies
- Responsible for credit administration by setting terms of credit and ensure timely repayment by customers
- Provide Strategic Leadership to the Credit Team at the Head Office and oversee all the credit sections in the unit.
- Overall control of the credit book and ensures proper support is given to the branches on credit matters
- Responsible for initiating legal action to recover debts if necessary and dealing with cases of insolvency – meeting other creditors, arranging for goods to be recovered, or arranging for a liquidator to sell off a company’s assets
Key Qualities & Competencies
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in credit management, 3 years of which must have been in a senior credit management role at a reputable financial institution
- Must have in-depth and end to end understanding of the principles of credit portfolio management and must have been involved in strategy formulation for the credit function
- Self-driven, results-oriented individual with a positive outlook
- Must have a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance, mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives, reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Between 35 to 45 years of age
- Masters/Bachelors degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Banking or other business related fields
- Must have professional qualifications in Accounting or Credit Management e.g CPA, ACCA, Certified Credit Professional (CCP)
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
- Must be adept in ICT
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values with a passion to serve
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria should download the “Job Application Form” HERE, and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, 3rd October, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.