Nov 3, 2016
Job Title: Site Engineer – Construction Industry
Our client is a consulting firm of Architects, Town Planners, Civil Engineers and Landscapers with experience in the Kenya, Uganda, Botswana and Rwanda.
The seek to hire a Site Engineer to supervise all site activities and manage all members of the site management team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Director in project execution
- Provide recommendations for design modifications
- Approve construction method statement, including activity scheduling and resource programming / allocation
- Advise and assist the client with respect to arbitration, litigation as required
- Verify and order correction of the shop/fabrication drawings supplied by the Contractor(s)
- Carry out adequate number of independent tests on materials and/or completed works
- Approve laying methods, sampling and testing procedures and quality control measures
- Order removal and substitution of improper materials from site
- Direct the contractor on necessary steps to take in order to speed up the progress of work in a case where the works are delayed and as per the approved works program
- Ensure that the construction works are in accordance with the technical specifications and the drawings
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site
- Prepare and issue monthly and quarterly reports
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University with
- 5 years experience in a similar position
- Registration with Engineers Board of Kenya(EBK)
- Proficiency in using MS Office and AutoCAD
- Project managment skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. construction managers, quantity surveyors, subcontractors, architects, designers, other engineers
- Organisation skills and strong methodical approach to work
- Excellent English language, communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Site Engineer – Construction Industry) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 9th November, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.