Nov 3, 2016
M-KOPA is seeking:
Position Title: Head of Telesales
Location: Nairobi, HQ
Position Start: As soon as Possible
Reporting to: Managing Director, Kenya
Overall Purpose: M-KOPA is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated Head of Department to join the fast growing Telesales team.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving initiatives in the Telesales team and organizationally that contribute to a long-term operational excellence.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Grow the upgrade sales (M-KOPA +TV, Phones, Jikos etc) for M-KOPA, which form a critical part of the overall business growth strategy
- Identify opportunities, leads and drive sales through developing both effective plans that target correct customer segments & through growth of best in class team of Telesales Agents.
- Manage the team proactively to ensure both sales efficiency is achieved & the telesales team remains highly engaged.
- Report regularly to the MD Kenya on performance & monthly to the Commercial Leadership Team
- Work closely with the sales team to achieve the business objectives
- Assist in development of new offerings in conjunction with Market Development to expand the means of how M-KOPA can upgrade peoples lives.
- Liaise effectively with departments within M-kopa to ensure customer requirements are met
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT Customer Care and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Contribute to the team performance by sharing and implementing new ideas
- Understand & develop within the team the core values of M-KOPA.
- Experience in a sales management role, preferably in telesales.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- At least 5 years working within a sales environment preferably in a proactive telemarketing role
- Intermediate IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent knowledge of Telesales is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex sales issues
- Understand key call centre metrics that will allow efficiency and productivity to be measured
- Have experience of using & optimising diallers & dialler strategies
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise issues & close outstanding tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to on-time completion of tasks and projects
- Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of Swahili is added advantage
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, analytical, organisational and written skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate telesales reports
- People management skills
Remuneration: Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
To apply, please CLICK HERE to apply online. Click on “click to apply” and follow the application instructions. It is advised to complete all the required fields as requested as well as any assessments stipulated as a requirement.
Please Note: M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, M-KOPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment.
M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.