Nov 5, 2016
Rewarding Career Opportunity at the Rift Valley Sports Club
Our client, a Member’s Sports Club based in Nakuru, Kenya, seeks to recruit talented, creative and result-oriented professional to fill the position of Club Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors the incumbent’s key role will be to plan, direct, coordinate and to organize Club activities in respect of membership activities, functions, accommodation, service delivery & sports for the furtherance of club social and sporting activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the preparation of the Club’s annual budget.
- Ensure that the Club is adequately resourced by professional & competent staff by conducting periodic performance appraisals, establishment of a personnel development program and succession.
- Manage the staff recruitment process to ensure that it is in accordance to the Club’s Human Resource Policy.
- Oversee the annual prequalification of suppliers to ensure competitive pricing efficiency.
- Authorize all payments to supplies of goods and services rendered to the Club
- Supervise and monitor daily Club activities to ensure that service delivery is at its best in terms of Accommodation; Food & Beverage and Membership activities.
- Participate in Board meetings and provide secretarial services to the Board of Directors so as to ensure accurate recording of proceedings and follow up on actions.
- Manage the employee and industrial relations in liaison with the Staff Committee Chairman to ensure employee and industrial harmony in the workplace.
- Organize the Club registry and ensure that member’s records and minutes of any proceeding are safely kept for future reference.
- Ensure compliance to club by-laws and oversee the process of Admission, Suspension, Posting and Resignation of Members as per the Club by-laws.
- Any other duty that may be allocated by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management.
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience; of which three (3) should be without close supervision & leading a team;
- A good understanding and knowledge of the Kenyan Labour Laws.
- Demonstrable understanding of leadership and management skills
- Have good communication, public relation, interpersonal and analytic skills
- Be of high level of integrity and accountability
If you fit the profile of this role and are interested in this challenging opportunity, submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference of the position directly to email@example.com by 11th November 2016.
Applicants are encouraged to view detailed JDs for the positions on the following link http://www.pkfea.com/index.php/job-vacancies
PKF will only process applications submitted through the online address given and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.