Nov 18, 2016
Our client a dynamic and luxurious restaurant is looking to fill the position of a Sandwich Chef.
The ideal candidate should at least be 30 years old, dynamic, passionate & hardworking person who is able to work well in a team.
He / she MUST have experience working in 5star restaurants.
- Prepares sandwiches to individual order of customers: Receives sandwich orders from customers.
- Slices cold meats and cheese by hand or machine.
- Selects & cut bread, i.e white, whole wheat, or rye, & toasts or grills bread, according to order.
- Place meat or filling & garnish, such as chopped or sliced onion and lettuce, between bread slices.
- Prepares garnishes for sandwiches, such as sliced tomatoes and pickles.
- Cook, mix, and season ingredients to make dressings, fillings, and spreads.
- Fry hamburgers, bacon, steaks, and eggs for hot sandwiches.
- Ensure that meat portions are correct.
- Ensure consistency amongst sandwiches with sauces, bread, bacon, etc.
- Ensure that special orders are followed, especially regarding allergies.
- Ensure that trays are adequately clean for sandwiches.
- Ensure that trays sent into the oven do not have too many or too few sandwiches.
- Keep a mental or physical note of low stock items.
- Degree/diploma in food production from a reputable institution
- Minimum 3 years of chef experience working for 5 star restaurant/hotel(s).
- A passion for good food.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Must have a professional disposition with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 70,000 - 80,000/= (Approx. 700 - 800 USD) depending on skills and experience
Deadline: 30th December 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.