Dec 2, 2016
We are an emerging East Africa-focused consulting firm with legal registration in Kenya and South Sudan and operational structures and partners in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and DRC.
We provide a wide range of consulting services to facilitate effective agricultural market oriented development; emphasis on environmental and climate services, inclusive and transparent sector governance, devolution and coordination.
We also have a long record of accomplishment providing programme support services to international consulting companies exploring opportunities and implementing projects and programmes in the region.
Sustainet Group is currently recruiting for an experienced Business Development Associate for its Kenya office.
Job Purpose: The Business Development Officer will prospect for new clients, generate interest from potential clients, grow and retain existing accounts.
S/he will focus on exploring business growth within the network, develop a business plan and execute it with the team and deliver on business results.
Will have a thorough knowledge of business development practices, the market, industry trends and the solutions and services the company can provide to gain a competitive advantage.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the sector/thematic priority areas for Sustainet Group and systematically gather information regarding clients’ and funding agencies’ strategies and programming initiatives in these areas.
- Identify and build relationships with new and potential clients (including donors, aid agencies, government agencies, programmes and private business). Develop and maintain a database of clients, consultants and companies
- Develop and promote new products/services with clients and partners, and develop unique selling proposition and differentiators to create a competitive edge for Sustainet products/services. Specifically explore opportunities targeting business sector agents (non- donor funded) in Sustainet’s thematic/sector priority areas.
- Explore cooperation opportunities with Kenyan and international consultancy companies and institutions with a view to leverage opportunities through concrete consortia and partnerships
- Expand SustaiNet’s network of strategic partners, associates and consultants by identifying and quality assuring new consultants (Kenyan and international), and maintain regular contact with these. Manage the SustaiNet CV database.
- Support the Sustainet management in reflecting business trends and opportunities in business plans.
- Support other Sustainet staff and strategic partners in establishing and developing networks.
- Manage the proposal process (EoIs and bids) for multiple proposals to stay on schedule, and present for review and approval prior to finalization and submission.
- Assist in due diligence process and fact finding missions.
- Advice on and assist outreach to relevant consultants and companies to pursue options for entry of consortia and partnerships for bids. Maintain contact and negotiate with identified consultants and partners.
- Analyse tender requirements and technical, costing and other issues of relevance to bids and provide substantive written inputs to proposals in areas of competence.
- Ensure all relevant documentation for bids is complete and accurate, and that all technical, commercial and contractual correspondence with clients and participating partners and consultants are efficiently addressed and closed out.
- Analyse the proposal schedule, monitor progress and highlight potential risks for on time delivery, and recommend corrective action for approval.
- Prepare reports such as summary schedules, proposal overviews, competitive overviews and cost/price summaries
- University Degree in relevant field of study, preferable a Masters degree with some business experience.
- At least 3-5 years relevant working experience in a similar role, preferably in private company and/or development agency.
- Working knowledge in tendering process for development projects is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively seek out new business opportunities.
- Strong analytical and conceptualization skills. Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with good report writing skills. Ability to communicate with stakeholders from a range of professional backgrounds. Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent planning, organizational and facilitation skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and deliver exceptional results within deadlines and set budgets. Efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills.
Interested candidates should submit their applications which include a detailed CV, cover letter and contacts of 3 references via email to email@example.com by 20th December 2016.
For more information about us please visit www.sustainetea.org