1. Function title: - Public Relations Officer
Public Relations Officer will plan, develop, put into place and evaluate information and communication strategies that present the organization to the public, members, donors etc. He/She will also promote good information flows within the organization.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Implement critical areas of the organization's Public Relations.
- Provide guidance on Public Relation matters.
- Keep an eye on public opinion about the issues that concern the Organization.
- Write, edit and arrange production of newsletters, in-house magazines, pamphlets, press statements, brochures, speeches etc.
- Organize special events such as open days, visits, exhibitions and functions.
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Must have a BA in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- Outstanding writing and speaking skills
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in Public Relations at a senior level
- Demonstrated competence in interpersonal relationships, team building and communication skills
- Age between 28 - 40years
Duties and responsibilities
- Day to day Management of projects activities Overall co-ordination of the project
- Proposal writing
- Providing technical advice to the management
- Preparing monthly/quarterly and annual project reports Preparation of action plans and project budgets. Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- This position calls for extensive travelling nationally.
- A Bachelors Degree in social studies or any other relevant discipline, M.A will be an added advantage and a background in Environmental Science.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar field
- Strong organizational skills
- Kenyan citizens aged 28-40 years
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Possess excellent computer skills
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
MAENDELEO YA WANAWAKE ORGANIZATION
P.O. BOX 44412-00100
The closing date is Monday 29th December 2008 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.