RESEARCH & PLANNING MANAGER
The Research and Planning Manager will be responsible for assembling and packaging relevant data and information into advisory brief's to facilitate problem solving and decision making by management.
On a regular basis, the incumbent will be:
- Conducting policy research, especially on transport, and collecting relevant data for statistical analysis and packaging of information for dissemination to Management, the Board and other targeted audience to facilitate decision making.
- Conducting surveys on customer perception and needs and on the basis of findings, preparing advisory notes to inform organizational responses on service delivery standards
- Analyzing transport flows and logistics to inform company development plans, processes reengineering and other feasible innovations to improve service standards
- Evaluating company census findings and preparing reports to facilitate management decisions on responses
- Producing and disseminating economic briefs and other thematic papers of interest to the community, stakeholders and decision makers
- Preparing and consolidating company performance contract reports on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis Monitoring continuously the implementation of the company's corporate and business plans and share finding with Heads of Kenya Performance Areas to maintain focus on the mission
- Liaising with the government authorities, key stakeholders and development partners on relevant policy issues and identify areas of co-operation and cordial working relations
- Participating in public sector meetings, particularly of the parent ministry, to contribute effectively in relevant issue
- Preparing position papers on identifies needs, in collaboration with key stakeholders, for consideration in policy formulation process.
The Security Officer will be responsible for formulation, coordination and implementation of an effective security plan and surveillance network to assure safety of employees, customers and security of company property.
On a regular basis, the Security Officer will be engaged in:
- Overseeing a reporting procedure that tracts security incidents for improving prevention mechanisms
- Liaising with other operational areas within the company to ensure there is harmony and consistency between security requirements
- Assessing and investigating all forms of threats that might lead to breach of security and safety and proactively responding to situations with mitigation measures
- Preventing unauthorized entry of persons, cars and goods to restricted areas by carrying out security checks
- Maintaining records of acts of unlawful interference or crime for possible prosecution or other reference
- Maintaining regular contact with state security agencies for information
- Providing regular briefs to company authorities and employees on security matters
ENGINEERING TECHNICIANS (MECHANICAL) & ENGINEERING TECHNICIANS (ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS)
The Engineering Technician (Mechanical) will be engaged in Carrying out sound preventive and corrective maintenance of machinery/equipments of the ferry and other company assets. While Engineering Technician (Electrical & Electronics) will be Carrying out sound maintenance of electrical/Electronic equipment of the ferry and other company assets.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years experience in similar duties, good communication skills, and ability to work with minimum supervision, high standards of discipline.. Candidates for the post of Engineering Technician (Mechanical) must be in possession of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Plant or Automotive Option) or its equivalent, while candidates for the post of Engineering Technician (Electrical and Electronic) must possess Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, or its equivalent.
The above positions are challenging and offer attractive remuneration packages including competitive salaries, leave allowance, medical and insurance cover and pension scheme.
If your background and competencies match the specification for the above position, please write in confidence to the address below. In addition, please provide curriculum vitae that contain details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day telephone number and names and addresses of three referees to:
Kenya Ferry Services Ltd.,
P.O. Box 95187-80104,
So as to reach him not later than 23rd January 2009
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.