Member of the County Assembly Service Board
Article 176 (1) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 establishes a County Assembly for each County Government.
To enable effective carrying out of functions of a County Assembly, the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012 has established the County Assembly Service Board which shall be responsible for the following functions:
- providing services and facilities to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the County Assembly;
- constituting offices in the County Assembly Service and appointing and supervising office holders;
- preparing annual estimates of expenditure of the County Assembly Service and submitting them to the County Assembly for approval and exercising budgetary control over the service;
- undertaking, singly or jointly with other relevant organizations, programmes to promote the ideals of parliamentary democracy; and,
- performing other functions necessary for the well-being of the member and staff of the County Assembly or prescribed by national legislation.
Section 12 of the Act further states that the County Assembly Service Board shall comprise the Speaker of the County Assembly as the chairperson, the Leader of the Majority Party, the Leader of the Minority Party and one person resident in the County, appointed by the County Assembly from among persons who have knowledge and experience in public affairs, but who is not a member of the County Assembly.
Pursuant to this statutory requirement, the Nairobi City County Assembly wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified person resident in the Nairobi City County, who has knowledge and experience in public affairs, but who is not a member of the County Assembly to be considered for the position of a Member of the Nairobi City County Assembly Service Board.
How to Apply:
- Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and a letter from the area Chief confirming that the applicant is a resident of an area within the Nairobi City County;
- All applicants should be clearly marked “Application for the position of a Member of the County Assembly
Service Board’ on an envelope and hand delivered to:
The Interim Clerk/Secretary
County Assembly Service Board
Nairobi City County Assembly
City Hall 2nd Floor, Room 279
So as to reach him not later than Tuesday, 14th May, 2013 before 1700Hours.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Interim Clerk, Nairobi City County Assembly