Our client, Commercial Bank of Africa, is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position:
Product Development Manager
Reporting to the Head of Product Management - New Business Ventures, this position is responsible for designing and developing product propositions and platforms that deliver holistic solutions to CBA customers and their ecosystems.
The role holder shall also be responsible for managing the performance of the products/platforms throughout its life-cycle ensuring that customer value and ROI are optimized.
This role shall interact with partners that are co-innovators in the product development and management process.
- Formulate and review product and platform strategies that competitively address identified and emergent market opportunities (20%).
- Design and implement platforms against which customer acquisition and service delivery shall be deployed ensuring a premium quality of service (30%)
- Engagement with customer owners and market activators to achieve product/platform uptake and utilization targets (20%).
- Periodic review of existing products and platforms to enhance their offering in the market to ensure product continuously yields expected benefits (15%)
- Continuous engagement with industry partners to develop and maintain an adaptive and optimal business model (15%)
- Must be commercially aware and ability to develop business cases.
- Can develop digital products ( Web and App)
- Understands methodologies like ( Agile/ Scrum)
- Has the ability to execute rapid prototyping using tools like (pencil/ Invisio)
- Has the ability of developing detailed functional requirements detailing use cases and service flows.
- Has good grasp of testing (automated and manual testing)
- Understands development of business model canvases.
- Has a good understanding of different technology stacks - Mobile (android, IOS, Windows,) USSD/ Web /Middleware/Databases)
- Is excited about technology and the mobile first cloud first era.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing innovative product offerings.
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of electronic platforms and solutions from end to end.
- Knowledge and experience in process mapping and re-engineering.
- Highly developed analytical and perceptive skills.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- University Degree – Upper second or GPA 3.0.
- Proficiency in office automation and banking technologies.
- 4 years’ work experience in Product Development in a financial services environment.
- Experience in implementation of electronic platforms and solutions.
- Experience in value chain management is an added advantage.
- Project Management experience is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by 1st August, 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject Product Development Manager.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted