Job Title: Legal Officer
Salary: 50k - 80k
Our client is a holding company with several subsidiaries in various industries and they are looking to hire a legal officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and provide legal and financial advice to the organization.
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers and partners.
- Efficient administration by ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and that decision of the Board of Directors are implemented.
- Filing of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law.
- To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
Qualification & Skills
- Must have a Law degree and CPS(K)
- 2 -3 years post pupilage working experience.
- Must be 28yrs and above.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration.
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters.
- Good planning and organization skills
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Legal Officer) to [email protected] before Wednesday 5th August 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted