Job Title: Finance Officer - MFI
Salary: 70K - 90K
Our client is a unique micro-finance institution offering micro credit solutions.
They seek to hire a Finance officer who will be responsible for running effective finance operations leading to provision of excellent customer service, profitability and business growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive, confirm and verify payments, ensuring all payments are processed promptly & accurately and that appropriate procedures and approvals have been complied with before processing any payment.
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork is available and properly authorized and which can be easily accessed for queries, tax and audit purposes.
- Ensure accruals of all expenses are processed before end of month.
- Prepare various schedules for analysis on need basis. e.g. Rent schedules of amount and taxes paid to a supplier.
- Undertake end of month procedures which includes preparation of management accounts for review by finance manager.
- Fixed Assets Management - Ensure proper reconciliations of asset ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Ensure reconciliation of the internal ledger accounts.
- Ensure correct and accurate posting to the bank ledgers for correct costing.
- Ensure timely remittance of all tax and other statutory payments as per the laid down requirements.
- Ensure accurate and safe archiving of all vouchers in the department on a daily basis.
- Ensure proper and accurate recording of all cheques issued
- Comply with the various Service Level Agreements and customer service performance standards to ensure they are achieved in all areas.
- Ensure that all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with all relevant Policies and Procedures including Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, HR Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety Policy etc.
- Cash flow management.
- Budget preparation and monitoring.
- Ensure all audit issues are addressed promptly
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- Finance or a Business Related Degree
- 2-4 years experience in a similar role, experience working in a Bank or MFI is a MUST
- Must have thorough understanding of the CBK reporting regulations
- CPA K /ACCA Finalist
- Management and leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Officer - MFI) to [email protected] before Friday 5th August 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.