Background Information: Our client, the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a State Corporation whose mandate is to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance to eligible contributors resident in Kenya.
The Fund has decentralized its operations to ninety four service points spread across the country, with a staff compliment of over one thousand seven hundred to deliver on its mandate.
The Fund has a network of one thousand eight hundred accredited healthcare facilities spread across Kenya, offering quality healthcare services to Fund Members and their dependants.
NHIF is looking for a result-oriented, self-driven, mature person of impeccable integrity to fill the post of Chief Executive Officer.
Job Ref. MN 7045
Job Profile - Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the NHIF’s strategic plans
- Establish, direct and manage the NHIF’s managerial, financial and operational systems, procedures and controls to ensure that they are professional, workable and sustainable so as to enhance value
- Nurture the NHIF’s human resource and ensure appropriate management structures and policies are developed and implemented within the organization for sustainable growth
- Oversee the activities of all divisions at NHIF with the aim of ensuring the implementation and enforcement of NHIF Act No. 9 of 1998
- Advise the Ministry of Health on policy relating to Social Health Insurance and manage relationships with other stakeholders within the sector
- Oversee the implementation of the corporate budget
Personal Profile - Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or other relevant field. Knowledge of Social Insurance is an added advantage.
- Membership to Professional bodies
- At least 10 years’ experience in management, with 6 years at senior managerial level
Download the full job profile HERE
How to Apply
How to Apply
Email your application to [email protected]
Closing Date: 7th August 2016