The Competition Authority of Kenya (the Authority) is a statutory Agency established under the Competition Act No.12 of 2010.
The Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Information Communication Technology Department
This position reports to the Senior ICT officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and/or deploy ICT products and services including software design and system implementation
- Enhance and maintain ICT products and services with evolving ICT architecture Manage outsourced ICT service providers and ensuring that service delivery is done according to the Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Designing and coordinating the implementation of information disaster recovery mechanisms for the Authority Develop ICT specifications
- Design and coordinate the implementation of back up procedures, security measures and guidelines to safeguard ICT installations, systems and databases against violations either accidental or unauthorized Continuously update the intranet and extranet sites for the
- Authority as approved by HOD.
- Recommend upgrades to the database server and database management systems Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users Undertake back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users Enroll users and maintaining system security
- Maintain corporate-wide messaging system for the Authority.
Database Administration Review
- test and evaluate both hardware systems and software solutions to determine their efficiency, reliability, compatibility and updating them as necessary
- Design, develop and maintain Corporate-wide messaging system, Intranet and Extranet sites for the Authority
- Constantly monitor bandwidth utilization and ICT
- Create backup schedules and carry out the back ups and test for effectiveness on a continuous basis.
- Ensure that data is replicated between the Authority and the Disaster Recovery site as well as testing for consistency at all times.
- Test hardware and software to ensure adherence to the set specifications as well as evaluating their efficiency, reliability and compatibility with the technological developments.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Controlling access permissions and privileges to various database
- Plan for backup and recovery of database information
- Maintain archived data on various media
Education and knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field; and
- Professional qualifications in database/system administration
- At least 5 years’ experience in database/system administration and support.
- Specialist knowledge and diverse experience in database/system administration; and
- Experience in ICT hardware and software administration, system support and maintenance.
Skills and Competences
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to write complex reports
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail,
or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at Kenya Railways HQs Block “D” Ground floor, to be received on or before 11th August 2016 5 P.M. addressed to:
The Director-General Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Email to: [email protected]
CAK is “an Equal Opportunity Employer”
Women, Youth and Persons living with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Please note that, applications without all the specified attachments will not be considered.