Our client is seeking to recruit qualified, self-driven, innovative, energetic and go getter professionals to be part of its great team.
The positions up for grabs include:
Number of positions: 1
Number of positions: 1
Job Role: The holders of this position will carry out accounting duties under the supervision and direction of the Chief Financial Controller
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice;
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology or ERP system;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors for the Company.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries;
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions;
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions;
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation;
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices;
- Perform any other accounts receivables or payable duties as requested by management from time to time.
- At least CPA II with over 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- A degree or diploma in management will be an added advantage;
- A mature person aged above 25 years with a self-driven disposition and high levels of responsibility;
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels;
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail;
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, XL and accounting software programmes;
- Good analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data
- Good team player skills as well as the ability to communicate clearly and courteously to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to multi task and handle several issues simultaneously;
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle high level pressure and still remain calm and focused on the goal;
- Self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision;
If you meet the said requirements please send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to: (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES)
NB: Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 2nd September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview