Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Job Summary: The African Institute for Health and Development (AIHD) is a non-profit, non governmental organization (NGO) whose focus is on implementing evidence-based programming, conducting research, training and advocacy on health and development issues that are contextually relevant to Kenya and to the African continent.
The AIHD is in the process of recruiting an Executive Director to manage its growing portfolio.
Key competence and skills
- An advanced degree in social sciences, health sciences, programme management or equivalent from a reputable training institution
- A minimum of 15 years work experience for MA and 5 years for PhD applicants, in a similar or equivalent position in Eastern Africa with proven track record of effectively leading a performance-based organization
- Fund raising experience with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach or mentor staff, manage people, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage budgets
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
For a detailed job description log on to www.aihdint.org.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, with a detailed CV and copies of certificates and testimonials to the the
Chair, Board of Directors,
African Institute for Health and Development,
P.O. Box 45259-00100,
by email to [email protected]
The email should be received no later than September 16, 2016.
The email should be clearly marked: Executive Director’s Position.
The AIHD is an equal opportunity employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted