Behavioral Change Communication Officers
Job Purpose: To oversee the implementation of the Oral PrEP project which will be focused in 4 counties – Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Kisii.
The project’s aim is to demonstrate and document an affordable, effective and sustainable model for how oral PrEP can be scaled up as a HIV-prevention intervention under low-resource, real-market conditions so as to catalyze global scale-up of oral PrEP amongst populations at high risk.
The project is targeting HIV negative populations that are at high risk of contracting HIV namely MSM, FSW’s and Adolescent Girls & Young Women (AGYW).
Specifically, the BCC Officers will be based in each of the counties and will be responsible for demand creation and awareness generation activities on behalf of the project in the 4 counties and working closely with the project partners and other stakeholders.
- Design and implementation of county level BCC strategy to ensure achievement of the set goals and targets.
- Implementation of the human centered message design to inform the BCC messages and channels
- Identification and collaboration with key partners, gatekeepers and stakeholders at the county for smooth coordination and implementation
- Implementation of the demand creation and awareness generation BCC campaigns at the county level
- Implementation of innovative and cost effective strategies of ensuring conversion from knowledge to action
- Participate in key partner and stakeholder meetings and workshops at county level to give visibility of the project activities
- Documentation key learnings of project processes, activities and challenges to share with project partners.
- Manage all the BCC deliverables of the project at county level and development of county leval annual program work plan, budget and reports
- Participation in county led TWG’s to ensure an enabling environment for project implementation
- Ensure reporting from any sub-grantees/CBO’s on a monthly basis, progress reports on a quarterly basis
- Keeping track of the MIS for the BCC component
- Develop and manage the BCC budgets and managing the spending levels;
- Supervise the BCC Officers. This includes support in planning, organizing and monitoring their activities, training and providing back up support for program implementation;
- Conduct appraisals for the supervisees and identifying capacity building/ training gaps; and
- Ensure timely submission of project progress reports and best practices.
Key Performance Indicators
- Successfully implemented program strategies and program work plans
- Successfully met project deliverables
- Timely prepared and submitted project reports
- Well managed program budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Community development or Public Health
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience implementing programs
- Experience/ willingness to work in any of the intervention counties.
- Experience working with key populations will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Strategic and analytical skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to drive change and innovation;
- Team player
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online